Sunday, September 28, 2008

2008 First Presidential Debate

On Friday, September 26 the first presidential debate was at University of Mississippi between Obama and McCain. Many people said Obama won the debate, others said McCain won, but it looked to me that there was more articles saying Obama won the debate. I think Obama won the debate because he seemed solid and didn't look nervous. He was confident and focused. McCain was emotional sometimes, and I think he does that so people can feel sorry about him and vote for him. But it gets me angry because when he gets emotional, his eyes blink fast like he is going to cry. On the other hand, Obama is not emotional and he is a strong speaker. McCain also said that we need to treat our veterans better. I agree, but I liked it when Obama said that we need to treat our veterans, children, students, sick and underprivileged better. I noticed that McCain hardly looked at Obama in the debate. I felt Obama looked more comfortable than McCain for much of the Debate. I also noticed that Obama sometimes agreed with McCain and McCain never at all acknowledged Obama in the entire debate. I think if Obama keeps on doing great performances like that in the next two presidential debates, he will be very tough to beat on election day.

Articles:

http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1845114,00.html


http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/26/debate-reviews-go-to-obam_n_129803.html

No comments: