Monday, October 20, 2008

Honestly I don't like either one of them.
I don't trust that Obama is capable of doing what he says he can.
I don't want to stay in the war like McCain does. Palin doesn't help either.

If I absolutely had to vote, I'd go for Obama.
But I could come up with some reasons for why I would vote for McCain...

1. The running mates. I like Biden because I know that he's been through hard times but he's strong enough to hang on (wife and daughter died in an accident, he was a single parent and made sure he went home to them every night, and he had two aneurysms). Biden has been in the Senate since 1972. If something were to happen to Obama, I would not be scared if Biden took over. Biden ran for president in 1988 and for the current election, so he knows what he's getting to. He's been ready for a long time. McCain has Palin. If Palin were to take over, I'd be scared to death. McCain is old and might get sick from the stress. Palin has been in politics since 1992 (and that was a city council). She hardly stayed at any college for very long, and her Bachelor of Science degree is for communications-journalism. She was a sports reporter, so what is she doing in politics? How serious is she?

2. Obama wants to get out of the war. I believe that we're spending way too much on the war and that it is hurting our economy. We have no business there, we have our own problems now that need to be taken care of. I don't mean to sound selfish, because we should help other countries when they are in need, but we are not doing any good in this war. We were told that it would be over sooner, but it's not over, so I don't trust what's going on. War is simply not a good thing. Whether it has to be done or not, it is not good. The suicide rate among soldiers is rapidly increasing, so of course it's horrible. Why do we still want to send people out there then? Too much money is lost and too many people are dying on both ends. We need to help ourselves before we can help them.

3. McCain is considering drilling Alaska (Palin wants to) and he wants to start making a lot of nuclear power plants right away. Yes, we should stop importing oil, but Alaska's Arctic National Wildlife Refuge is one of the few untouched (no roads) places and it's something that we should preserve. So many different types of plants and animals live in the refuge, and if we started drilling there we would destroy that habitat. Also, we want to find new ENERGY SOURCES, not new oil. If we get oil from Alaska, we may get cheaper gas, but we're not moving towards clean energy.
As for nuclear power, I'm all for doing something huge right now, but I'm too scared of nuclear power. If something goes wrong, people could get very sick and certain places could become uninhabitable. I'm scared of another Chernobyl. Maybe I'm just scared because I don't understand it, but if something does go horribly wrong, the energy we produce will not have been worth it. Radioactivity is very delicate and dangerous.

I heard that undecided people are idiots :[

No comments: